Join Us for a Day of Discovery
Special Opportunity at Dream Catchers for
Richmond Area Youth with Special Needs
For 2 hours, children will partner with our amazing horses and participate in fun, creative, and engaging activities such as:
- working as a team with a horse through an obstacle course
- learning the language of the horse to better communicate feelings
- caring for horses to learn self-care and care for others
Equine Assisted Learning encourages creative exploration with a focus on improving, behavior, effective communication, life skills, and safety awareness.
Activities will challenge the students to engage in appropriate communication, learn how to ask for help, communicate feelings clearly to peers and adults, follow procedures and multi-step directions, demonstrate care for others, problem solving, as well as navigating and maintaining awareness of surroundings.
Services will be delivered by PATH Intl. Certified Instructors. Dream Catchers staff will collaborate with parents and teachers to customize each field trip to meet the needs of the students.
Field Trip Criteria
- Must be a resident of the greater Richmond area and attend a Richmond based school or home school group.
- Children must have a physical, cognitive, social, or emotional need.
- Children must be in grades 3 through 9.
- Children will be placed in groups of 10 to 12 based on grade level.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY, APRIL 20, 2021
This field trip is free of charge and is a limited time offer available through the generosity of the Richard S. Reynolds Foundation.
Please contact Beth Yurkovac, Operations Manager for details:
Direct Phone: 757-794-3262 / Email: email@example.com